13 February 2012

Shopping + DUW

Symptoms: MIA
Cure: Shopping + DUW (Dying Urge to Write)
Physician: Dr. Martens

Fully recovered from a long hiatus, Mrs Yap is back in action. All it took to recover from this cold turkey syndrome called ‘procrastination’ is decent shopping and a good pair of Dr. Marts.

I’ve always liked Dr. Marts but not overwhelming to buy one. Though if I were to buy one, it had to be the pink one!

Even more so when I spotted it in Nicki Minaj’s Superbass MTV. I was speechless when I saw the array of boots on display, but even more speechless with the erm…dancers.

Photobucket

So I continued my search, even all the way to New Zealand for my 3 week X’mas and New Year’s break. Boring selections yet overpriced!

Mr Yap advised me to get the classic black and change the laces…but I was stubborn. If I was to get black, it had to be a little more special. So I fell for ribbons instead of shoe-lace when I visited LeftFoot at Cineleisure. I could change those ribbons to pink!

Photobucket

My heart did a leap. Little did I know that when I visited the next day to try on the size 6 pair, “sorry, we sold that last pair last night.”

Boom badoom boom. I was giving u-

One last try. Queenstown. It was like searching for a needle in the haystack! There were just so many shoes, but so little Dr. Marts!

But finally, I settled.

Photobucket

Classic black with pink sparkly laces, just as Mr Yap advised.

No comments:

Post a Comment