31 March 2012

More than meets the eye

Recently, around my office, I spotted a deceptacon. It immediately reminded me of something Optimus Prime said in the first transformers movie – my favourite!

I’ve watched it tons of times. It’s my ironing movie. Mrs Yap's ironing secret: Ironing isn’t so dull if you’ve got a familiar movie playing in the background. The sound plays in the background, the movie plays in your head. That way, you can iron and watch your clothes too.

So when I saw this deceptacon, the following script automatically played in my head:

Photobucket

"With the All Spark gone, we cannot return life to our planet.

And fate has yielded its reward, a new world to call home. We live among its people now, hiding in plain sight, but watching over them in secret, waiting, protecting.

I have witnessed their capacity for courage.

And though we are worlds apart, like us, there's more to them than meets the eye.

I am Optimus Prime and I send this message to any surviving Autobots taking refuge among the stars.

We are here.

We are waiting."

No comments:

Post a Comment