22 April 2012

Bye Bye Bag Bag

After only 2 days of using my newly bought Dr Mart satchel, I had to say my goodbyes.

The edges where the shoulder strap came into contact with the opening flap started to peel. Several factors may be the cause of it:
1) the smooth leather coating wasn't durable (I've carried my Cambridge Satchel countless of times and it's still in pristine condition without any leather peeling)
2) the shoulder strap had stitches that were too thick and rough, causing the peel (the Cambridge Satchels do not have stitches on the shoulder straps)

Though I really really loved the satchel, I couldn't accept this defect. The leather would peel even further and it would become quite ugly.

Mr Yap took it back and asked for a refund. The staff at Dr Mart were more than happy to offer a one to one exchange but the shoulder straps will still have stitching, and if the leather coating quality remains the same, the problem will still happen. So we preferred the refund.

At least I had the pleasure of using it for 2 days. Good bye my lovely black Dr Mart Satchel... I will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment